The insurance industry is facing a staffing crisis with 25% of the current workforce set to retire by 2018. With only 4% of millennial candidates seeing insurance as an attractive career choice, we are on the brink of a serious talent shortage. So here enters the timely question – How do we recruit, engage, train and retain the best and brightest millennials to join insurance? Deloitte will present a 20-minute summary of the findings of their recent report, which will lead into a thought-provoking panel discussion.
- How can we enhance candidate perceptions of the insurance industry?
- Creating a compelling employee value proposition
- How can the insurance industry improve its reputation in general?
- What types of programs can bridge the gaps between multiple generations in our workplaces?
- New era, new jobs: how to leverage technology in evolving roles
- Are you having a harder time getting millennials in the door or retaining them?
Andrew Miller — Director of Development, Spencer Educational Foundation
Dr. Kelly Monahan — Organizational Development Specialist, Deloitte
MJ Bensick — Director of Human Resources, Travelers
Sharla Floyd — Director of Development and Strategic Initiatives, Gamma Iota Sigma
Phylip Jones — Global Marketing Manager, TransRe